Home for the holidays
Home – it is one of the most important things in our lives. With everything going on in the world right now, our home can be our refuge – a place where we feel safe and comfortable.
The holiday is the perfect time to focus on your home. There are many ways to make it extra special without lots of extra effort. Here are our top 10 ideas to make your home more joyful this season:
- Make your home welcoming by hanging a wreath on the front door
- Use fairy lights inside and outside
- Add holiday cushions to your sofa and chairs
- Light some candles – pick some with a fragrance that reminds you of the season
- Bring nature inside – collect twigs, rocks, and evergreen, assemble nicely in a large jar and add some fairy lights
- Set up a special coffee and hot chocolate bar for the season (don’t forget the marshmallows!)
- Put a tree with lights in your bedroom or add a special throw to your bed
- Add evergreen (real or artificial) along banisters and shelves
- Have some fun making paper snowflakes and hang them throughout the home
- Incorporate your loved ones in your holiday decorations – arrange favourite snapshots of Christmases past on a mantle or bookshelf or make them into ornaments and hang on the tree
At Coldwell Banker, it is our mission to bring the joy of home to every one of our clients with unrivaled expertise, passion and energy. We have been guiding people home for over 35 years, longer than any other real estate company in Yellowknife.