Inexpensive ways to boost your home’s value
There are lots of different ways you can add value to your home without breaking the bank. We share 10 easy ways to get you started.
1. Create curb appeal–paint your front door; update the front door fixture; replace dated house numbers.
2. Give your walls a fresh coat of paint–if you are thinking of selling, select neutral colours.
3. Caulk around windows, tubs and counters–give your home’s surfaces a clean and protective finish against water damage.
4. Add a metal insulated entry door–this change can boost value, durability and security.
5. Give kitchen cabinets a facelift–if your cabinets are looking a bit dated, you may want to explore a fresh coat of paint and new hardware.
6. Remove popcorn ceilings–this was popular from the 1950 to 1980’s so having it will often outdate a home.
7. Replace old fixtures–consider replacing your kitchen and bathroom faucets and lighting fixtures, especially if they are older.
8. Add more storage-consider adding wire and laminate closet systems and/or shelving units to enhance storage and organization.
9. Clean or update the flooring–if you have wall-to-wall carpeting, have it professionally cleaned and if the carpet is covering hardwood flooring, then you might consider getting rid of it.
10. Hire an inspector–it isn’t as exciting as some of the other tips but having a professional check your home can be worth the investment. They may discover hidden problems that could negatively affect your home’s value and could be minor if caught early.