Am I ready to sell my house?
This is an important question to answer since it can have a significant impact for years to come. The decision to sell your house should take into account your personal situation as well as market conditions.
Some signs that you may be ready to sell include:
- Your current home doesn’t meet your lifestyle needs. Maybe you are looking for a bigger home or to down-size. You’ll want to think about the type of home that can meet your everyday needs and if you are able to afford it financially. Once you have a good idea of what you need in your next home, you’ll want to see what is available and how much it may cost.
- The market conditions are to a sellers’ advantage. This usually means there is lower housing inventory and property values are increasing.
- You have strong equity in your home. To determine how much equity you have, simply subtract your current mortgage balance from your home’s estimated market value. A Coldwell Banker realtor can do a free up-to-date market analysis to help determine this estimate.
- You’re financially secure to purchase a home again. If you have paid off all your non-mortgage debt and have an emergency fund to cover three to six months of expenses, you may be financially ready.
- You have enough cash to cover a move. These additional expenses may include storage costs, movers, cleaning services, and other professional services.
- You are emotionally ready to sell. Selling a home isn’t just a financial transaction, it is an emotional one too. Are you ready to get your home ready to sell and to leave your home and neighborhood?
This is a big decision and there are many things to think about. The team at Coldwell Banker Northern Bestsellers has worked with thousands of people through this process, and we are here to help you every step of the way.