Exciting opportunities on the horizon
As long-time Yellowknifers, our Realtors® have seen a lot of change over the years with new housing options, developments, neighbourhoods and facilities. The City of Yellowknife has grown to over 21,000 people and more and more tourists are discovering this unique place every year.
There are many exciting initiatives and opportunities being advanced that have strong potential to have a positive impact on our community, including:
- A new Aquatic Centre is being proposed to better meet the needs of the community. Timelines are tentative but residents could vote on plans in early 2021 with the pool opening in 2023.
- A Downtown Revitalization Strategy has the potential for positive spinoff effects.
- The Giant Mine Remediation Project is expected to contribute significantly to Yellowknife’s economy over the next decade.
- A new polytechnic university has the potential to transform post-secondary education in the NWT.
- There is strong potential growth in the tourism industry with a hotel accommodation levy and a destination marketing organization planned to promote Yellowknife.
- Various mining exploration projects with Fortune Minerals, Avalon Advanced Materials Inc. (formerly Avalon Rare Metals Inc.), TerraX, GoldMining Inc., and Osisko Metals at Pine Point.
We look forward to further development of these opportunities and others, and to supporting our community.